How do I get support for LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy)?
Arrangements during COVID-19 crisis
Please note social distancing needs to be maintained during face to face consultations (1.5 m). Do not attend TUTORspace or academic support appointments in person if you are unwell.
You are encouraged to ask a question or schedule one-to-one support by
- Submitting a question to the TUTORspace tutors using the Submit a Question form on this page.
- Use the Schedule 1 to 1 support form on this page to request support
- email Academic Skills & Study Support firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the Library (linked below)
- Phoning the General enquiries number on this page and ask for Academic Skills & Study Support
Consultations can be offered by phone or Zoom (videoconference).
What academic support is available?
Academic assistance for students, including support for culturally and linguistically diverse students, is available to all students at Wodonga TAFE. This also includes the support provided through the TUTORspace.
There are many reasons why you may need help with your studies. For example, you may:
- be returning to study many years after you last studied
- have difficulties with written text because English is an additional language for you
- have difficulties with reading and writing due to a learning disorder such as dyslexia
- not have prior experience in formal report or essay writing
- be required to master learning in areas where you have previously had difficulty, for example, studying maths as part of an engineering course.
Academic assistance is provided in a range of ways to students, after consultation with Wodonga TAFE's Academic Skills & Study Support Coordinator. Assistance may include:
- one-on-one tutoring
- participation in a group tutoring session
- one-on-one support with assignment writing, through proofreading and feedback
- participation in study skills sessions that are offered periodically by Wodonga TAFE, such as: how to plan and write essays, how to write reports, maths for beginners, or advanced maths for engineering
- time management skills
- computer skills
- exam preparation
‘Learner FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)’ is a one-stop-shop that aims to support you by answering your study related questions whilst you are a student at Wodonga TAFE. Learner FAQs compliments our TUTORspace drop-in service on the McKoy St campus by allowing you to search online for answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) or to receive assistance by email or phone. Learner FAQs is a co-operative resource from the Academic Skills & Study Support, Library and Moodle teams.
Can't find your answer?
Use our online form to Submit a Question to our support staff who will endeavour to respond within 24 hours Monday to Friday. For urgent matters contact our General enquiries number during business hours.